Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Straight Haired Girl Loves to be Pampered



Some girls love shoes, clothes, or handbags but my retail addiction lies in the beauty department. Ulta, Sephora, and Pout are my havens where I walk every aisle in silence and with attention. This shopping habit can be expensive so to keep myself lookin' pretty without emptying the bank I subscribe to Birchbox.

Birchbox
Now for the ladies I haven’t told about Birchbox let me unpack this gem for you:

You pay $10 a month to receive a box filled with about 5-6 high-end beauty samples and on occasion full sized products. You go back to Birchbox.com and let them know what you think of the samples. For every item you give feedback for they give you 10 points. 100 points = $10 off any of the full sized products they sell on their site.

I just hit my one year with them and have been happy with the majority of the boxes that have been sent to me. I’m currently hording points to get a decent discount on the best moisturizer I have ever put on my face.  As you see it’s expensive and let me tell you, that bottle ain't very big. I have $30 in points as of today and want to earn another $10 before I purchase. I average 60 points a month. Here is what I got this month:




Products with their full size price
            John Varvatos Star U.S.A. 1.7 oz -$55
            tili Bags Small Collection 1- $8.49 for 12 bags
            Masqueology Pore Minimizing Mask $24.00 for 3 masks
            stila one step bronze $36 - 1FL oz
            Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive - $14.99-8 wipes
            theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac - $17.3fl oz


I love Birchbox for the fact that it has introduced me to some amazing brands and products I would have never have tired.  I also read their blog daily for beauty tips and trends.  The surprise of the full sized product you occasionally get is what really hooked me. The Stila One Step Bronze I received this month was full sized and retails for $36. I can’t help but get excited about the value Birchbox offers especially since I paid $10 and received a $36 product along other useful things.

Birchbox is a great inexpensive way to pamper yourself once a month, but with the good news I bring I also have to deliver the bad. More than likely you will fall in love with the most expensive samples in the box. Last month I received Oribe Moisturizing Conditioner that is $39 per bottle. I’ll never buy that product since I go through a bottle of conditioner every three weeks. I may horde points for it in the future though. 


I believe there is a waiting list so the sooner you sign up the sooner you’ll receive your boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment