Saturday, June 9, 2012

Straight Haired Girl Gets a Blog

So here goes it. I’m writing a blog. Ugh, as I typed that sentence I cringed. I have a huge fear that every sentence I’m typing now is laced with grammatical errors and my South Carolina education makes me ill-equipped to notice them. I would like to say this isn't an opinion blog or a rant blog. You will never see speak ill of my job or specific people.  This is what originally gave me my fear of starting a blog. I didn't want to be one of THOSE girls. Specifically girls who wrote blogs about why their way was the best way, the only way, and you should definitely care about what they are saying. Granted, this was when we were in college and everyone thought they were going to make a difference in the world when in reality a very few of us actually will. I think I know maybe two people who will do great things and I don't even speak to them. I follow them on twitter and Facebook and feel like I'm somewhat involved in what is actually going on in their life.


So why start a blog now? Well with our age, which by the way isn’t even all that old, we are starting to get married, starting to create families, moving away from our homes to follow our dreams, etc. Let me inform you upfront that I am doing none of those things but all you people are. I'm not hating on you for it. You're moving and shaking and that is expected of us during these times. So I’m creating this blog so that when we talk on the phone we won’t feel so much like strangers. You’ll still feel a part of my life . . . you know the creepy Facebook way. We are busy people and we have lives to follow. I don't want to miss out on anything you have going on and vice versa. So this is for both of us.  I hope you enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment